At the end of December 2022, Gen Herres of Anphira won The Admin Bar’s, Member of the Year award. The Admin Bar (TAB) asked their 6,800 WordPress professionals to nominate and vote for the person they think goes above and beyond to assist their fellow members. Someone who consistently offers their time and expertise by answering questions, providing support, or just being a friendly presence in the group.
The Admin Bar (TAB)
The Admin Bar, voted the #1 WordPress community two years running, is a group for WordPress professionals, be they designers, developers, SEO consultants, copywriters, and other professionals. It is a friendly place where people who would normally be seen as “competition” come together to help each other with all aspects of owning and operating a digital business or working for one. They help each other with solving technical issues, giving advice, sharing wins/losses, offering moral support, problem-solving business issues, and more.
Kudos for Gen Herres
Members of the community had some great things to say about Gen when they answered why they were nominating and voting for her:
- Gen always goes above and beyond the typical quick response with detailed answers and even follow ups after receiving additional feedback. All star!
- She’s so badass. She can do anything. She’s proactive in sharing things that the rest of the group would find useful.
- Always helping others with issues; whether it be client or technical related. Shares great information and of course, always a great story here and there.
- Very knowledgeable, always has helpful tips (even for dumb questions, sorry). She totally deserves it.
- She always shares very valuable advice and is the first to support someone struggling with an issue.
- Gen consistently provides some of the best advice I see. If someone posts something a bit tricky I’ll look to see if and what Gen has said and about 99% of the time I find her commenting and the advice and information is always so clear and well delivered.
- Gen provides great advice in her comments to posts.
- She’s always chiming in with important & to the point thoughts, re: accessibility, how she runs her biz, processes, etc. I often think of things I want to implement and her comments are in my head. The latest one is charging $500 discovery to even talk through projects with new potential clients.
- I frequently see her providing very thoughtful answers to multiple posts per day. I generally always agree with what she says.
- Appreciate her input and sharing knowledge.
- Always helping people. I see her commenting more than anyone.
Gen has been developing WordPress sites since 2011. Previously, she worked as a software engineer at Boeing on the B-1 Bomber aircraft. Gen left the corporate world to work on her first love, websites when she moved back to the East Coast.
As a web developer, she’s worked on 1,000+ websites doing all types of work including sites for SEO agencies, solopreneurs, and million-dollar e-commerce stores. She’s worked on speed optimization, security, remodels, new builds, adding functionality, membership sites, and e-learning.
If you are looking for a long-term development partner who focuses on relationships, then Gen is your developer. Gen’s clients tend to be business owners who have already tried several developers in the past only to get frustrated because they didn’t deliver reliable, worry-free websites. Finally, when they find Gen and Anphira, they feel relief, ease, and peace because they trust Gen and stop worrying about their website so they can focus on their business. Read what others have to say in their testimonials.
Gen also organizes the Baltimore WordPress Meetup where she offers “Ask me Anything” discussions.
For more about Gen, visit Anphira’s about page.
Give a round of applause to Gen. She’s amazing, knowledgeable, helpful, and goes the extra mile to help others. She totally deserves this honorable award. If you’ve ever worked with her, I’m sure you are well aware. Thank you, Gen. You’re awesome!